If you're familiar with the new Nissan lineup, you know that the brand likes to outfit their vehicles in an impressive array of high-tech features. Some are comfort-oriented, others improve safety or enhance performance. And then there's the equipment that boosts all of these characteristics, namely the renowned Nissan All-Wheel Drive (AWD) and 4x4 systems.
Nissan AWD and 4WD inspires confidence at every surefooted turn -- something New England drivers have come to rely on for safe travel year-round. Read on to learn about the advantages of driving one of these Nissan vehicles in Rhode Island.
Do I Need AWD or 4WD? The Benefits of All-Wheel-Drive Technology:
You know how auto experts say that if you live in a cold climate, all-wheel drive or snow tires are must-haves? They're talking about us. Warwick, Providence, Cranston, Pawtucket, Coventry, RI and North Attleborough, MA sees real winter weather -- the kind that shows no mercy to two-wheel-drive (2WD) vehicles with all-season tires. It's simply the nature of the Northeast beast. If you want to protect both you and your vehicle from merciless winter weather, AWD is the way to go.
- Improves Traction. If you've driven a 2WD vehicle in snowy or icy conditions, you're familiar with the feeling of panic that comes with pressing the accelerator from a dead stop, only to remain spinning in place. There is no doubt that all-wheel drive improves traction, especially when you're trying to get going after a red light or stop sign. You'll be thankful for AWD when powering up a snowy hill or 4WD when tackling trecherous terrain, too.
- Increases Resale Value. With more capability comes more desirability, and all-wheel-drive Nissan is likely to hold come additional value because of its AWD system. This is especially true if you're selling or trading it in an area where AWD is popular, like here in the Northeast.
- Inspires Peace of Mind. What if there's an emergency in inclement weather? You can rest assured that the crisis will be averted thanks to the go-anywhere design of an AWD or 4WD Nissan.
Which Nissan Models have AWD?
All-wheel drive is standard or available on all of the following Nissan vehicles:
- Nissan Juke, a feisty, turbocharged subcompact crossover that's as fun to look at as it is to drive
- Nissan Rogue, a versatile compact crossover with available third-row seating
- Nissan Murano, an upscale midsize crossover with potent V6 power
- Nissan Armada, a full-size SUV with a truck-like, body-in-frame design for more towing, hauling, and all-terrain capability
Which Nissan Models have 4WD?
Four-wheel drive is standard or available on all of the following Nissan vehicles:
- Nissan Pathfinder, a seven-passenger family crossover with appealing style and efficiency
Nissan Xterra, a quirky sports utility vehicle that is no longer in production, however can still be bought pre-owned
- Nissan Frontier, a small but capable truck for the ultimate in versatility and utility
- Nissan Titan, a big truck with lots of ground clearance capable of taking on any project
- Nissan Titan XD, an extended version of the Titan pick-up with a more powerful engine
Test Drive an AWD Nissan in Warwick Today
We invite you to visit the Balise Nissan of Warwick showroom to learn more about the Nissan models available with all-wheel drive. Feel free to try any AWD-equipped model on for size and take it for a test drive.
If you want to get the most out of your vehicle's AWD system, invest in winter tires as well. Your vehicle's traction control system and driveline are only are good as your tires -- and, simply put, "all-season" tires do not live up to their name in snow-covered Rhode Island. Our Tire Center in Warwick has a large selection of winter tires and unbeatable tire prices. For tires purchased at our facility, we will mount, computer balance, and rotate tires at no extra cost.